The Senior Accountant is a key role within Modus Structures. This role is responsible for overseeing general accounting operations by managing day to day accounting activity. A senior accountant will assist in supervising, and will be involved in training and communicating financial results to various members of the Modus team. We are offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with an outstanding benefits package.
Modus Structures is a top producer of modular structures in Western Canada. We have over 4000 structures in use across BC, AB, SK, the Yukon and the Northwest Territories. Modus is proud to be involved in industry sectors such as education, accommodation, telecommunications, quick service restaurants, oil & gas sectors and the growing horticultural industry.
- Prepare month-end and year-end financial statements as well as various management reports
- Complete monthly reconciliations of balance sheet and income statement accounts, including WIP and Inventory accounts;
- Compile and communicate various month-end analyses for divisional and corporate management. Assist with quarterly reforecasting and annual budget
- Hands on and review of the day to day accounting including monthly journal entries for revenue and COGS, GST remittances, bank reconciliations, project status updates, and maintenance of the fixed asset continuity schedule
- Work with Project Managers/Coordinators to review and analyze project costs (actual, budgets, rates, etc).
- Indirect supervision of AR/AP function. Oversee the preparation of monthly revenue invoicing in accordance with contractual terms
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education from an accredited university or college in accounting or finance;
- Accounting designation or working towards a designation; Completion of a college diploma in Accounting
- 5+ years’ accounting experience, with previous experience in project accounting and financial analysis;
- Experience in a manufacturing/construction industry an asset;
- A proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications required – intermediate knowledge of Excel is preferred
- Good communication and documentation skills with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Conscientious worker, who can work independently or in a team setting with minimal supervision;
- Must be able to prioritize workload and work with deadlines on short notice.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.